We have provided links to some of the more commonly asked questions below, but if
you would like more information or have other questions, please feel free to
- How much does it cost?
- Why become a member?
- How do I join?
- What types of discounts can I find at SeniorDiscounts?
- How do I search for discounts?
- What is the SeniorDiscounts Card?
- How do I qualify for a card?
- Where can I use the card?
- Do couples need separate cards?
- What does the card look like?
- How long will it take to receive the card?
General Questions and Information:
- What is SeniorDiscounts.com?
- What do I do if I have problems with your web site?
- Will you share my information with anyone else?
- What are the terms and conditions of membership?
If you have a question that you think should be added to this list please send us
1. How much does it cost?
Basic Registration with SeniorDiscounts is free. Basic members have access to our free newsletter, discussion boards, and news and articles that can help them save money by pointing out thousands of generally available discounts. Registration also includes the ability to make basic searches of our database.
Premium Registration is just $12.95 per year. For a little more than a dollar per month, Premium Members get all the benefits of Basic Membership, plus a personalized SeniorDiscounts Card. The Card gives Members access to thousands of member-only discounts we have negotiated with select businesses. Premium Membership pays for itself with one or two discounted purchases, and it has the potential to save you hundreds of dollars over the course of a year.
2. Why become a member?
There are literally hundreds of thousands of discounts available exclusively to the older market in the US. Unfortunately, most businesses do not advertise or post discounts, so it can be hard to track them down.
SeniorDiscounts has made it our business to do make discounts easy to find. Since July of 2000, we have been searching high and low to compile a list of discounts to help seniors save money, and we continue to add hundreds of news discounts every month. We’ve also learned a lot about how to find discounts, and we share our knowledge in weekly newsletters and articles. There is no one else who knows how to find discounts as well as we do.
We have found discounts at many business you would expect to have them (restaurants, hotels and travel agencies, movie theaters), but we have also found discounts at retail chains, auto shops, pet stores, and an array of local businesses. Registering with SeniorDiscounts allows access to our discount database and, depending on the membership level, also entitles our members to specially-negotiated discounts.
3. How do I join?
To become a member of SeniorDiscounts, either:
4. What types of discounts can I find at SeniorDiscounts?
Discounts can take many forms. Most discounts are a percentage off of normal purchase prices. However, there may be two-for-one specials, coupons, or free items provided with a purchase.
We have found discounts at many different types of businesses located all over the country, including (take a deep breath):
- Auto Services
- Car Rentals
- Arts & Entertainment
- Food & Beverages
- Grocery Stores
- Health & Nutrition
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Home & Garden
- Legal & Financial
- Medical & Pharmacy
- National & State Parks
- Personal Care & Services
- Real Estate Services
- Shopping & Retail
- Sports and Recreation
- Transportation Services
- Travel Agencies
- Computers & Internet
We’re always looking for more ways to save you money, so check back with us often to see what else we have found!
5. How do I search for discounts?
Anyone can search for discounts on the SeniorDiscounts web site. Just use the “Discount Search” toolbar at the top of every page.
The search results will list member-only discounts as well as thousands of other senior discounts that are available to the general senior public in different age categories. Discounts available only to members will display the SeniorDiscounts logo next to the name of the business. To receive members-only discounts, a SeniorDiscounts Card must be presented at the time of purchase.
6. What is the SeniorDiscounts Card?
The SeniorDiscounts Card is a special discount program for our Premium Members. As part of a program owned and operated by SeniorDiscounts, the Card provides specially negotiated discounts on thousands of products and services available. These discounts are available only to Cardholders. Unlike similar existing programs, we have no political agenda and are focused only on creating and finding the best discount opportunities for seniors.
7. How do I qualify for a card?
While anyone can register for Basic Membership to find discounts for family and loved ones, Premium Membership is currently for people 50 years of age or older. International visitors are welcome to join as well.
8. Where can I use the card?
The card can be used at any business that is listed as a member in the search engine on our web site or displays our logo at its place of business. Any new discounts will be announced in our newsletters so you will always know what discounts are available to you.
Pursuant to our dedicated effort to find the best discounts available, we are constantly adding information about generally available discounts while creating exclusive new discounts for Premium Members.
9. Do couples need separate cards?
While some discounts associated with the Premium membership and available with the SeniorDiscounts Card may benefit a couple (for example, hotel rooms or car rentals), the SeniorDiscounts Card is not transferable and may only be used by the cardholder.
10. What does the card look like?
11. How long will it take to receive the card?
Once the application form and payment are received, it should take approximately three weeks to receive your card.
12. What is SeniorDiscounts.com?
SeniorDiscounts.com is the best place to find information about senior discounts on the internet. Founded in 2000, when founder Doug Brown began to wonder where (besides the movies) he could put his age to work for him, the site has grown to include more than 250,000 discounts across the country. We’ve found a lot of the discounts ourselves, but we also rely on our membership to point out new discounts as they discover them around their communities.
Our services have come to include articles and weekly newsletters about how to find discounts, and we have recently added a printed SeniorDiscounts Guide Book and a Senior Discounts Card to give our members more ways to save.
The Guide is a portable version of our database, which allows its owners to find discounts wherever they happen to be. As we’ve developed strong relationships with businesses that want to attract the senior market, we were able to work with them to create the SeniorDiscounts Card to offer large, members-only discounts to our members.
Though the look of our site and some of the things we offer have changed, our goal will always be the same: to help the mature community save money by finding and publicizing age-related discounts.
13. What do I do if I have problems with your web site?
If you are experiencing problems with our web site, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
14. Will you share my information with anyone else?
15. What are the terms and conditions of membership?
SeniorDiscounts Member Terms and Conditions
As of January 2014
- The applicant must be age 50 years or older at the time of applying for a SeniorDiscounts Membership. Business providers may request additional forms of identification or proof of age from time to time.
- The SeniorDiscounts Card is not transferable and remains the property of SeniorDiscounts.
- The member must advise SeniorDiscounts if the member changes address during the period of membership.
- No refunds on membership are available.
- If a card is lost or stolen a replacement card can be issued. Charges may be applicable.
- The member agrees to the disclosure of the member's information to SeniorDiscounts for the purpose of processing application forms and the mailing of SeniorDiscounts offers and information.
- Any individual who wishes to become a member must agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, which may be changed from time to time.
While every effort has been made to ensure that SeniorDiscounts' offers are
accurate and up-to-date, SeniorDiscounts, its staff, contractors and agents
can not be responsible for any errors, omissions, or inaccuracies or for changes
in the policies of its member businesses. SeniorDiscounts, its agents and contractors
do not warrant that the SeniorDiscounts' discounts on goods and services will
always be the largest discount available at the time of purchase or supply. No representation
is made as to the suitability for any purpose or the quality of any goods or services
offered by participating member businesses.